Friend BLT on Facebook!
Follow BLT on Twitter!
Check out our Photo Albums!
Volunteers are the fuel that powers Burien Actors Theatre. You can help make the magic happen! If you can do anything, Burien Actors Theatre can use your help.
All of the theatre's administrative tasks, plus most of the work to stage our shows, are performed by people who donate their time. From seamstresses to board members, we only succeed because of the talent and labor of volunteers.
You don't have to be trained in theater to join the Burien Actors Theatre family. If you can paint the walls in your living room, sew a shirt or put up a poster, you can help. And you will be guided by experienced volunteers.
Currently, our greatest needs are people to help with administrative tasks like addressing envelopes and copying, and publicity tasks like distributing posters to various businesses and writing promotional materials. But we are always looking for new recruits in every category because the more the merrier.
Here are just a few of the volunteer opportunities we offer:
- Publicity - creating and distributing ads, press releases, posters, postcards, signs and other publicity materials
- Office staff - answer phones, return calls, address postcard and letters
- Ad Sales - selling advertising in our programs and on our website
- Programs - creating and printing
- Costumes - designing, sewing, altering, shopping the thrift stores, inventorying
- Sets - designing, painting, building, installing, inventorying
- Building - building sets, props, specialty items and BLT's office
- Props - designing, making or finding props, either by borrowing or shopping the thrift stores, inventorying - its like a scavenger hunt
- Lighting - designing, hanging lights for a show, operating the light board during a show
- Sound - designing sound for a show, operating the sound board during a show - find that noise and name that tune all in one
- Ushering - taking tickets, seating people, handing out programs and handling emergencies should they arise
- Box Office - sell tickets, confirm reservations, make change
- Hospitality - setting up and serving goodies before the show and at intermission - It's a great way to meet our patrons
Everyone who helps out gets a free ticket to see a performance. Its a great way to see a show for free!
To see some of our volunteers in action, check out our
To volunteer, please email Burien Actors Theatre at: firstname.lastname@example.org
call Burien Actors Theatre at (206) 242-5180.
LOVE THE SPOTLIGHT?
Seeking actors for drama “The Letters”
Burien Actors Theatre is casting the Pacific Northwest premiere of a new play, The Letters, by John W. Lowell. It is a two-person drama, set in the early days of the Soviet Union.
SYNOPSIS: A Ministry Director calls Anna, a bureaucrat, into his office for a meeting. It is 1931 in the Soviet Union and things aren’t what they seem. The interview becomes a suspenseful game of cat and mouse in which being the last to flinch may mean the difference between life and death. Based on Soviet efforts to edit composer Tchaikovsky’s letters, this taut thriller is a vivid slice of paranoid life under Stalin.
Performances are at Burien Actors Theatre in Burien from April 8 through May 1, 2016 on Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Rehearsals begin around the end of February.
The stage director is Beau M.K. Prichard.
$100 stipend provided.
Auditions are Sunday, Jan. 17 from 1 to 5 p.m. Callbacks are scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 19 from 7 to 10 p.m.
Auditions and callbacks will consist of cold readings from the script. Sides will be provided prior to both auditions and callbacks. Please bring resume and headshot.
Anna is a middle-aged woman who is intelligent and sensitive, and has managed to find a place for herself in the Soviet bureaucratic machine. She censors personal writings of luminaries for public consumption. She is good at her job and good at keeping her head down. She is bowed but not broken. Played as age 40 to 50.
The Director thrives in the paranoid Soviet Union. He is committed to the cause and the party, committed to running the Ministry, and will manipulate, swindle, cajole, or browbeat anyone who gets in his way, because it is the right thing to do. There must be power in him, even if it is not obvious. Played as age 40 and up.
Please make audition appointment: Email: email@example.com, 206-242-5180. Auditions and callbacks will be held at Burien Actors Theatre in the Annex to the Burien Community Center, 14501 4th Ave. S.W., Burien, WA 98166 (intersection of 4th Ave. S.W. and S.W. 146th St.).
HERE for directions.